Police Discover Baby Factory with Pregnant Women, New Babies in Anambra
…Nab ten suspects, including 5 heavily pregnant women
• Rescue 5 newly born babies, 3 other children
On 26/1/2021 at about 7:am,following an intelligence report, police operatives attached to the SIB and Area Command, Oraifite, coordinated by the Area Commander, ACP Afolabi Wilfred, raided the house of one Melvina Uju Uba, ‘f’, located opposite Nnamdi Azikiwe Orthopedic Teaching Hospital Oba in Idemili South LGA of Anambra State, and arrested the following suspects:
- Edna Nnadi, ‘f’, aged 37 years
- Ujunwa Nweke, ‘f’, aged 25years
- Izuchukwu Uba, ‘f’, aged 24 years
— Chinaza Ibeh, ‘f’, aged 19years
- Peace Okon Effiong, ‘f’, aged 25years
- Gift Collins, ‘f’, aged 20years
- Chimkaso Kingsley, ‘f’, aged 25years
- Happiness Monday, ‘f’, aged 18years
- Chioma Okonkwo, ‘f’, aged 25years and,
- Uchechukwu Nwankwo, ‘f’, aged 18years .
The place was raided following credible information that teenage girls were being impregnated and the babies sold out by human traffickers.During the operation five newly born babies and three other children were rescued.
Meanwhile,the rescued children will be handed over to the Ministry of Social Welfare, Children’s and Women’s Affairs for proper care, while effort is being intensified to apprehend other accomplices in order to bring them to justice.
CSP Haruna Mohammed
PPRO, Anambra State Police Command,
For-Commissioner of Police Anambra State Command.