0 0 lang="en-US"> Troops Halt N173m Crude Oil Theft in Niger Delta — IntercontinentalNews247
Site icon IntercontinentalNews247

Troops Halt N173m Crude Oil Theft in Niger Delta

Read Time:1 Minute, 9 Second

Troops Halt N173m Crude Oil Theft in Niger Delta

 

By Alabidun Shuaib AbdulRahman

 

The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has revealed that troops of Operation Delta Safe prevented crude oil theft valued at more than N173 million in the Niger Delta within one week.

 

Major General Michael Onoja, Director of Defence Media Operations, disclosed this in a statement on Friday.

 

He said the troops intercepted 105,650 litres of stolen crude oil and 63,820 litres of illegally refined Automotive Gas Oil (AGO) from different locations while eleven illegal refining sites were also destroyed, and 13 suspected oil thieves were arrested.

 

READ ALSO: Troops Kill Terrorists, Rescue Scores of Kidnapped Victims Nationwide — DHQ

 

Onoja said the destruction of the sites and arrest of suspects were part of efforts aimed at reducing revenue losses linked to pipeline vandalism and illegal refining across the region.

 

He added that troops also carried out raids in Rivers and Ondo states, arresting a suspected cult leader identified as Dan Okposuogu, popularly known as “World Wide”, who had been on a military watchlist.

 

Six other suspects were arrested and three kidnapped victims rescued during the operations.

 

According to him, arms, ammunition and production equipment were recovered, while the suspects remain in custody for further investigation.

 

Onoja said the Armed Forces would sustain operations to ensure protection of national economic assets.

Happy
0 0 %
Sad
0 0 %
Excited
0 0 %
Sleepy
0 0 %
Angry
0 0 %
Surprise
0 0 %
Exit mobile version